25 July 2017
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE PERFECT
ENTRY LEVEL TEAM MEMBER!
Architectural Designer / BIM Monkey
WANT TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM?
WORKSHOP8 is a multi disciplined design firm offering architecture, planning, interior design, graphics and branding design, public art design, and community outreach—and yes, we have won design awards too. Our Boulder-based office strives to work for mission-driven clients and we specialize in affordable multifamily and commercial projects.
Our team is looking for a motivated, well-spoken, fun loving, health conscious, kick-ass new bestie. We work in a lively, open-plan, non-smoking environment and expect team members to participate in all aspects of the business including administrative duties (yes, that means doing dishes and taking out the trash), business development, marketing, strategic planning, design, and production. We strive to provide our clients with the best possible design and service in an efficient, timely, and affordable manner.
Our designers have the opportunity to work on projects from start to finish and assist in all aspects of design and production. You must be willing to work in a team environment and be detail-oriented, organized, and flexible.
If you want to work hard with us in a fun, funky office in downtown Boulder this might be the right studio for you. WORKSHOP8 offers EcoPasses to all full-time team members and encourages alternative transportation to the studio in downtown Boulder.
- some experience in a professional architecture office producing BIM construction documents and computer renderings is preferred
- bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture
- speedy in BIM (we use ArchiCAD) and SketchUp
- strong digital rendering skills
- knowledge of type V construction, accessibility, and knowledge of IBC
- knowledge of construction materials, details, and techniques
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- high sense of graphic design (prove it with your resume and portfolio)
- a love of apple computers and software
- a good communicator and fun to be around!
- physically active (we have cyclists, runners, cross fitters, and climbers in the office)
- an awesome designer, manager, and all around good person
- dedicated to sustainable design
- good at learning on your own
- currently living within a 25 minute commute to downtown Boulder
- motivated by working on cool projects with cool people
. . . then WORKSHOP8 might be a great place for you.
ArchiCAD Download a trial version of ArchiCAD here.
iWork: Keynote, Numbers and Pages
We anticipate on-boarding our new team member in early September.
This is an entry level, production-based position. We anticipate having to do a fair amount of training and education for this position. Therefore, starting salary will be under $40,000.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit PDFs (no links or Word files) of the the following to HR@workshop8.us
- cover letter — take this opportunity to tell us what you know about WORKSHOP8 and why you are a good fit. We also need to know your salary requirements (we offer paid time off, holidays, and health/dental/vision insurance in addition to other perks).
- resume — highlight experience and knowledge that is relevant to our needs and the specific software used in WORKSHOP8‘s studio.
- portfolio — show us what you have done and what you are capable of doing. We are more interested in actual project experience than school work. Make sure your portfolio explains your involvement on every project presented and the software used.
All information should be sent in PDF format (do not send DOCX files) and be under 10 megs. Use your submittal to WOW US WITH YOUR GRAPHIC SKILLS AND DESIGN SENSIBILITIES.
If you seem like a good fit, we’ll follow up with some email questions. Interviews will be awarded based on our review of your ability to meet the qualifications listed and our current work load.