22 March 2017
Architectural Designer / Project Manager
WANT TO BE PART OF OUR TEAM?
WORKSHOP8 is a multi disciplined design firm offering: architecture, planning, interior design, graphics and branding design, public art design, and community outreach—and yes, we have won design awards too. Our Boulder based office strives to work for mission-driven clients and we specialize in multifamily and commercial projects.
Our team is looking for a motivated, well-spoken, fun loving, kick ass new bestie. We work in a lively, open-plan, non-smoking environment and expect team members to participate in all aspects of the business including administrative duties (yes, that means doing dishes and taking out the trash), business development, marketing, strategic planning, design, and production. We strive to provide our clients with the best possible design and service in an efficient, timely and affordable manner.
Our designers have the opportunity to work on projects from start to finish and assist in all aspects of design and production. You must be willing to work in a team environment and be detail-oriented and organized.
If you want to work hard with us in a fun, funky office in downtown Boulder this might be the right studio for you. WORKSHOP8 offers EcoPasses to all full-time team members and encourages alternative transportation to the studio in downtown Boulder.
- minimum 4 years full-time experience in a professional architecture office producing BIM construction documents and computer renderings
- bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture
- project management and construction administration experience
- speedy in BIM (we use ArchiCAD) and Sketchup
- strong digital rendering skills
- experience with type V construction, accessibility, and knowledge of IBC
- knowledge of construction materials, details, and techniques
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- high sense of graphic design
- a love of apple computers and software
- a good communicator and fun to be around!
- an awesome designer, manager, and all around good person
- good at learning on your own
- currently living within a 25 minute commute to downtown Boulder
- motivated by working on cool projects with cool people
. . . then WORKSHOP8 might be a great place for you.
ArchiCAD Download a trial version of ArchiCAD here.
iWork: Keynote, Numbers and Pages
HOW TO APPLY
Submit the following to HR@workshop8.us
- cover letter — take this opportunity to tell us what you know about WORKSHOP8 and why you are a good fit. We also need to know your salary requirements (we offer paid time off, holidays, and health/dental/vision insurance in addition to other perks).
- resume — highlight experience and knowledge that is relevant to our needs and the specific software used in WORKSHOP8‘s studio.
- portfolio — show us what you have done and what you are capable of doing. We are more interested in actual project experience than school work. Make sure your portfolio explains your involvement on every project presented and the software used.
All information should be sent in PDF format (do not send DOCX files) and be under 10 megs. Use your submittal to WOW US WITH YOUR GRAPHIC SKILLS AND DESIGN SENSIBILITIES.
If you seem like a good fit, we’ll follow up with some email questions. Interviews will be awarded based on our review of your ability to meet the qualifications listed and our current work load.