A new Principal in the House!
Marcel named V.P. of WORKSHOP8
CONGRATULATIONS ARE IN ORDER! I am pleased to announce Marcel van Garderen is now the Vice President of WORKSHOP8.
Marcel joined us three years ago in September 2014. He is an integral member of the team serving as Drawing Manager for several of our projects including: The Stanley Marketplace, Fall River, Sierra Vista Rehab and the upcoming Sun Valley Gateway for the Denver Housing Authority.
- continue to realize WORKSHOP8’s great designs;
- collaborate with consultants to prepare clean, coordinated drawing sets;
- provide clear and concise communication with builders and see projects to fruition;
- complete his Architect Registration Examinations (AREs);
- help grow the company through business development efforts; and
- continue to mentor the next generation of W8 architects and designers and assist them in becoming leaders on their own projects.
Marcel loves the W8 team, but of course he loves his family more. Marcel is the father of three grown children, William, Tejay, and Chaney. William works in the construction industry, Tejay is currently riding in the Vuelta Espania, and Chaney recently graduated from massage therapy school and is planning her wedding (she’s getting married in November on Marcel’s 50th birthday).
Marcel’s amazingly beautiful and vivacious wife, Monika, is a middle school teacher, artist, and animal rights activist.
Marcel was born and raised in Amsterdam and moved to the United States in 1988 at the age of 20. Following high school in the Netherlands, where he earned an electrician’s diploma at a trade school, he completed two years in an electronic and electrical engineering program prior to moving to the U.S.
Marcel is the Manager of the Rocky Mountain Cancer Center Cycling Team.
THANKS FOR READING
Marcel has his Scarlett, and now I have my Blue Bird Buddy50. Back in June I entered a drawing at the Louisville Street Faire and while I was on vacation watching city dwellers zoom around on scooters all over London and Amsterdam, I found out that I WON this sweet, little baby. Thanks to the folks at FIRST SUMMIT REALTY, I’m in love with my scooter (maybe as much as Marcel loves his 2-wheelers).
Brandy LeMae, Founding Partner / CEO / Creative Director
8 September 2017